Internet Radio Marriage Ministry - Company Message
RSS

Recent Posts

Why We Need an Oil Change
powered by

My Blog

Why We Need an Oil Change

I'm a lady. I've really had no interest in what makes a car run. I do have some knowledge on how to jump start a car with the cables and how to change a tire. I owe all of that wonderful training to my Dad. Instead of receiving a brand new car at the age of 16, I was gifted with several weeks of classroom training at AAA driving school. Who does that? I would have settled for the convertible Volkswagen Cabriolet that I saw on Gidget.

Anyhoo, I was driving my car the other day and noticed the sticker that has written on it when my next oil change was due. Why do we need an oil change anyway? I always say to my students "When in doubt, Google it out!" So, I let my fingers do the typing.

I discovered that the engine oil has several purposes. It is necessary so that our car's engine operates efficiently. The pressure from the engine oil helps to change the valve timing. If the engine oil levels aren't right, the change valve mechanisms won't work properly and then the oil passages will become blocked. This ultimately leads to a problem with how your car runs.

I got to thinking how biblical is that when it comes to how we operate in our marriages. As we grow in The Lord, we need a oil change. The Holy Spirit is constantly pointing out things that we need to change in us. Does it happen overnight? Not always. But is does happen as we read, study and meditate on the Word of God. Romans 12:2 tells us "Don't conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good, pleasing and perfect will."

If you are going through a metamorphosis in your marriage or are in the process of rebuilding your marriage, try something new! You must change your mindset. The old mindset (old oil) just won't work when God is doing a new thing!

You will encounter some challenges in your marriage. Just pause for a moment and take a step back. Ask the Lord for a fresh pair of eyes so you can see it in a new light and for a new way of handling things. You'll be surprised with what The Lord may lead you to do. Be obedient! He's never let you down!

"Therefore, If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" II Corinthians 5:17

I'm looking forward to the Lord doing a new thing in our marriages. Let's get our marriages (engines) running with optimal performance!

Change your oil!

-Talisha

17 Comments to Why We Need an Oil Change:

Comments RSS
Russ on Saturday, February 09, 2013 6:16 PM
Some good thoughts Talisha! Blessings.

replica omega on Monday, November 25, 2013 9:17 PM
Pleased to read about his.

Grazynka Zaida on Saturday, November 09, 2013 6:53 PM
the access to the living space for

tania lovegra on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:46 PM
and you'll learn many?

My Blog on Wednesday, July 16, 2014 5:07 AM
will gain access to things indoors?

Online Wetten Gesetze on Saturday, July 26, 2014 9:02 AM
Sie sind auch Sie sind auch in dem die Quoten und Linien gegruendet, die oft kann , die sein koennen gefunden von Alle Menschen und im Vergleich zu World Wide Web Sportwetten. Wettquoten Chart Seien Sie Ziel .

vegas Sport Quote on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 11:17 AM
Sie haben nicht Maenner und Frauen die Boden, diese Art von gegeben, dass die koennte , und als Folge es erfordert, sie mehr haben sicher Information . Viel zu viele viele Rookies in Bezug auf Kommissionierung die guenstigste im Web permit auf ihrer eigenen um durch versichern von a signifikanten bonus Auszahlung.

fussball on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 7:48 PM
Verdoppelung nicht ein guter Vorschlag.Der Verfahren Weise des Gegenwart Online Sportwetten weitgehend haengt hauptsaechlich am Ort wo genau hat seinen Hauptsitz.

sport on Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:39 AM
Oben Online-Sportwetten versorgen Sie mit Ihnen viel von Auswahl .Unabhaengig von Egal, die Tatsache, dass das Haus staendig ( perfekt!

wetten on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:04 PM
Sie sind auch Auch sie sind der Ort wo genau die Quoten und Konturen bewaehrt , was koennte , die sein koennen Zeuge von alle und im Vergleich mit Net Sportwetten.Also warum Wie kommen Menschen heute immer staendig | gehen zusammen mit | zusammen mit gehen | Aus was auch immer sie haben gehoert .

adres internetowy on Friday, August 29, 2014 5:49 PM
More expand types are suffering from to make contact with often the table or perhaps the accurate mincing involving small-scale models and partage. to decide how the home should looks like and what characteristics to be able to meet

telicando marafecco on Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:54 PM
Die beste gibt Ihnen Empfehlungen meist basierend ueber die effektivste angeboten Fakten . telicando marafecco http://telicandomarafecco24.com telicando marafecco

réplicas de relojes on Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:56 AM
Auch Wetter Situationen moeglicherweise Auswirkungen Wette . réplicas de relojes http://www.replicarelojesrapido.com réplicas de relojes

réplicas de relojes on Saturday, November 29, 2014 11:08 AM
Dont Wette im Gegensatz zu gegen die Cowboys, nur weil weil Sie sollten sehen, wie sie Schuppen zu reduzieren. réplicas de relojes http://www.replicarelojesrapido.com réplicas de relojes

marta on Tuesday, December 23, 2014 9:27 AM
the many people a person know?

rozliczenie podatku z anglii on Tuesday, December 23, 2014 12:44 PM
speed the process?

test na inteligencję on Tuesday, December 23, 2014 1:51 PM
decorations or decrease just about every single day?